Venue: Two Tree Island (SS9 2GB)
Meeting: from c.6pm
Launch: after 6.30pm briefing
Level: Competent coastal paddlers
Warning: although the forecast is allowing us out at the coast from Two Tree tonight, with today’s easterly breeze predicted to peak this evening we’re expecting tonight’s paddle out (against a flooding tide and maybe 10-knots of breeze) to be potentially ‘challenging’ for some. It shouldn’t be too fierce or too choppy (and if it is, we’ll just hide out in the dogleg) so should be well within everyone’s ability, just some may find it much tougher than others – so if you’re after an easy life, or prone to disillusionment, tonight might not be ideal…
But as long as you’re up for a bit of a workout! At long last the tide and a light enough breeze mean we can hit the coast at Two Tree. If conditions allow we’re planning to head down the Ray from Two Tree half an hour after low water and probably into a bit of a headwind. We therefore need up-for-it, competent coastal paddlers tonight. We need to know that everyone’s comfortable with breezy 8km routes and has the necessary strength, skills and experience to paddle themselves out of trouble if necessary. We’ll see how far we get before turning to fly back with the flow and landing comfortably before sunset.
(Plan B, in case conditions don’t turn out conducive, we might just stick to the dogleg for a splashabout…)
So meeting from 6pm at Two Tree ahead of a 6.30pm briefing at the top of the slipway, hitting the water straight after. Then after, we’ll head off to the pub for dinner and drinks…